ACI-NA Discussion Forum Rules & Etiquette
To ensure the best possible experience for all members, ACI-NA has established some basic guidelines for
By joining and using these Discussion Forums, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and
guidelines below. You also agree to reserve Forum discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is
a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate
in an ongoing conversation. Questions about ACI-NA and Discussion Forums should be directed to the ACI-NA
Webmaster, firstname.lastname@example.org. Legal questions should be directed to Tom Devine, ACI-NA General Counsel, at email@example.com.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions pertaining
to a specific forum, select that forum from the 'Browse' menu and then select contact in the left-side
column. In order to preserve a climate that encourages meaningful dialogue, ACI-NA reserves the right to
suspend or terminate membership on all Forums for members who violate these rules.
- Don't post commercial messages on any Discussion Forums. Contact people directly with product and service
information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the Forums is available for all to see, and
comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a Discussion Forums message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the Forum.
- Remember that ACI-NA and other Forum participants have the right to reproduce postings to these Discussion Forums.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate Forum(s). While you may wish to post your message to multiple forums, do not send the same message to a wide array of forums that may/may not be relevant to your post.
Discussion Forums Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire Forum when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" back to the individual poster--not by clicking reply and sending such a message to the entire Forum. You can reply only to the individual poster by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "remove me from the Forum", through the Discussion Forums. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a Forum. If your email address changes, contact the ACI-NA Webmaster for assistance with re-establishing your login (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Warn other Forum subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."